On Thursday, 16 June 2011, The Cochrane Empty Reviews Project convened a meeting of Cochrane Collaboration contributors to consider ways in which empty reviews are reported in The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and to develop guidance for their reporting.
The meeting convenors are in the process of drafting a formal report of the meeting proceedings to be posted at a future date. In the meantime, provided below are links to some of the meeting presentations providing background to empty reviews. The content of the final presentation link also notes in red some of the meeting discussion regarding potential guidance. Please click on the links to view or download the following documents:
- The Cochrane Empty Reviews Consensus Meeting Agenda;
- The Cochrane Empty Reviews Consensus Meeting Introduction;
- Current Guidance in The Cochrane Handbook;
- Cochrane Review Group and Other Systematic Review Producing Organizations’ Policies and Perspectives of Empty Reviews;
- Preliminary Content Analysis of ‘Implications for Practice’ in Empty Reviews;
- Perspective from a CRG Publishing a Relatively High Proportion of Empty Reviews;
- Development of Views and Guidance for Empty Reviews.
Finally, you are invited to list any comments/questions for open discussion to this post.